Day 4. Paul has given up on the diet. He had only lbs to lose, but didn’t want to deal with this diet. I think the whole protein thing for him was too much. For me it was pretty easy. So to celebrate the end of his diet, we had wine. So I cheated in a way. But in general, all is on course. We are now, or I am now in the cruise phase. I’ve about 20 days of it. I wasn’t very imaginative with our protein, just scallops and shrimp. I just wanted to use what I had in the fridge. I feel like I’ve been spending a fortune on different proteins.
So again, I used my cilantro and lime dressing. It’s easy, basically chopped cilantro and lime juice! The veggies were delicious. I really missed eating them. We also had a nice salad. I made Paul my usual dressing.
2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon strong Dijon mustard.
As for my dressing, I used my very rich, thick balsamic vinegar I had purchased in Italy before leaving.
I had yogurt for desert and one piece of chocolate. The wine triggered the chocolate attack 🙂
I think at this point I’ve lost 4lbs, but the scale is out of whack. Either it’s too old or the battery is dying. Paul never weighed himself. Oh well.
- A Resolution worth eating. Veggies and more veggies (karinemeals.wordpress.com)
- Grilled Cilantro-Lime Shrimp with Spicy Hass Avocado Puree Recipe (avocadocentral.com)
- Shrimp Ceviche: Tonic for a Hot Summer Day (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- Spicy Shrimp and Scallops (sccriley1123wo.wordpress.com)
- What are the risks of a high protein diet? (zocdoc.com)
- Shrimp Ceviche – Cebiche de Camarones (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)